Dear Friends, I apologize.
This month-and-a-half hiatus doesn't look favorable for my I-hope-to-blog-more-regularly gig. Ah well.
If you'd like an excuse, I'd like to blame my laptop being stolen and a dramatic increase in cleaning, organizing, and crafting for the baby. :-)
All to say, I hope I'm back now!
My teammates and students had a lovely little baby shower for me a few weekends ago, and that didn't coax the little lady out, but I'm hosting a shower today and attending another tomorrow for friends, so maybe she'll get excited to come meet everyone soon! (I remain most optimistic, most likely in vain.) I'm 37.5 weeks right now, and would love to have a child in my arms on or before Easter, but I'm frequently reminded that first pregnancies average 41 weeks. If she waits that long, I'll have run out of crafts to distract myself, I fear. We'll see...
I've been filling my days with missionary-life-staples of prayer, Mass, spending time with students, and the like, and I'd like to go back and fill you all in on how the Spring had been, but it's almost Holy Week (how did that happen?!) so my most hopeful promise is that I'll post a few pictures soon!
God bless, dear friends & family, and I hope that your body and/or your children are letting you sleep at this early hour :-).
-abigail
I know that the waiting is hard but these last few days and weeks are just so ripe with opportunities for patience and surrender and letting go. It is a good thing :) I am praying for much peace for you as your pregnancy journey ends and your new motherhood begins.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I've missed you!
ReplyDelete