Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life, pictured.

Amelia's first snowfall a few weeks ago.
 All bundled up and snuggled in for a family walk to a coffee shop.

One of my latest tricks for keeping both babies happy and actually accomplishing a bit of work while babysitting.

The stinker wouldn't let me back up enough to get a photo of her ponytail!
She kept crawling right up to my face, but at least I got a good face shot.
Love this face.

Aha! There's the ponytail.

Cutie. Up too early, but the dimples make it easier.

Tea party we hosted for our girls!
Lemon cookies, scones & cream, chocolate-dipped peanut butter sandwich cookies, and fruit pizzas. Yum, yum!


The only thing not pictured is Advent.
I actually have a wreath this year (handmade from $8 of Target finery, not really picture worthy), but having a hard time celebrating the season as fully as I hoped. Any of you doing something particular this year?




2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love the dimples! And I think Amelia's ponytail is already thicker than Julia's... haha!

    Good for you making an Advent wreath! Every season of a child's life is so beautiful, but liturgically, I bet you're going to love when Amelia is able to participate a little more. We've always tried to include Julia since she was tiny in our family prayer life, which is so important, I think, but it's been so powerful for me this Advent that Julia, for the first time, is really able to sense that this season is different and enter in with us. Every evening, she gets excited about the candles on the Advent wreath, sits quietly (usually ;-) while we pray and prays along with the prayers she knows, colors her Jesse tree pictures while we read Scripture, sings O Come, O Come Emmanuel with us, and (her favorite part) blows out the candles at the end. Previous liturgical seasons with a wee one weren't always as fruitful prayer-wise as I wanted, but God always ended up teaching me something during the season (usually about patience and sacrifice... not always the lessons I wanted... ha! ;-). I hope your Advent is blessed! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said before, but I'll say it again: I can't get over her adorable dimple! And that video of her standing up surprised me with how long her hair really is - wow!

    We haven't been doing anything particular besides lighting the wreath on Sundays (I would like to do it every night, but we would go through our candles too quickly! Next year I'll have to pick up a few more.) We also have the Advent Companion from Magnificat, but haven't been utilizing it enough.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!