There are a million excuses as to why I haven't blogged in 6 months.
And I could spend another 6 months getting caught up.
And there is much to say.
But in many ways I've been taught how precious life is and how quickly it is passing.
And today, Amelia is 18 months old.
And it's going so fast. And I don't want to let go of or forget one moment.
Here's a letter I wrote to her today...
My sweetest girl, I love you.
Here are a few of my favorite things about you right now:
You’ve learned how to give kisses and are very generous with them.

At bedtime when we read “The Going to Bed Book” you hunt for the moon on each page and rejoice when you find it. "MooOOOOooooon!
You have just started making associations, and it's so fun to watch. Every time a monkey is mentioned in a book, you hop down and have to find your monkey doll.
You love to read books. When we mention a nap or bedtime, or we finish reading one book, you always ask, “Mo' boo'? Mo' boo'?”

You love to dance, and you love to bounce.

You have memorized the responses for “Moo Baa La La La,” which is my favorite book. Your favorite line is “No, no, no!” and you always say it emphatically & sweetly. We recite it when you're grumpy and it cheers you up.
Your smile makes everyone else smile. You are so beautiful and growing up to be such a good kid.
You’ve learned how to give kisses and are very generous with them.

At bedtime when we read “The Going to Bed Book” you hunt for the moon on each page and rejoice when you find it. "MooOOOOooooon!
You have just started making associations, and it's so fun to watch. Every time a monkey is mentioned in a book, you hop down and have to find your monkey doll.
You love to read books. When we mention a nap or bedtime, or we finish reading one book, you always ask, “Mo' boo'? Mo' boo'?”

You love to dance, and you love to bounce.
You point to anyone not participating and make them join you.

You love your daddy. You always pray for him first AND last when we pray and every day you hear him stir in the morning and yell, "Dahd!" And you always hear him coming home, too.

You love life and never waste a moment. When I’m tired and taking a break, you say “Up! Up! Up!”
You love wearing your boots, and you love to go anywhere. “Walk? Shoes? Boo's?”


You love your daddy. You always pray for him first AND last when we pray and every day you hear him stir in the morning and yell, "Dahd!" And you always hear him coming home, too.

You love life and never waste a moment. When I’m tired and taking a break, you say “Up! Up! Up!”
You love wearing your boots, and you love to go anywhere. “Walk? Shoes? Boo's?”

Every time someone comes over, you act shy for approximately two minutes before making our guests read you books. Or do puzzles. Or build blocks.
You are SO into animal noises. You "neigh!" and bark with perfect clarity.
You have started sneaking up behind and jumping on our backs to hug us. It’s the sweetest.

When we ask you to pray, you make the sign of the cross—mostly it goes like: Holy Spirit Holy Spirit Holy Spirit. And then you squint your eyes and bow your head devoutly with hands folded for about 3 seconds, and usually clap when we’re done.
You love Jesus. "Jeesh! Jeesh!" You see Him everywhere. In any two perpendicular lines. "Jeesh! Pway!" You kiss any crucifix or cross you get your hands on.
You have started sneaking up behind and jumping on our backs to hug us. It’s the sweetest.

When we ask you to pray, you make the sign of the cross—mostly it goes like: Holy Spirit Holy Spirit Holy Spirit. And then you squint your eyes and bow your head devoutly with hands folded for about 3 seconds, and usually clap when we’re done.
You love Jesus. "Jeesh! Jeesh!" You see Him everywhere. In any two perpendicular lines. "Jeesh! Pway!" You kiss any crucifix or cross you get your hands on.

You have memorized the responses for “Moo Baa La La La,” which is my favorite book. Your favorite line is “No, no, no!” and you always say it emphatically & sweetly. We recite it when you're grumpy and it cheers you up.
Your smile makes everyone else smile. You are so beautiful and growing up to be such a good kid.

You bury yourself in your blankets when you sleep, so you wake up with a sweaty head. Every time.
You've started getting tricky. You offer a big, cheesy hug to sneak out of your high chair.
And you say "eat? eat?" when you don't want to go to sleep. You must know I need you to eat plenty and won't say no.
You snuggle in for reading before bedtime, and I love it.
And I miss you when you're sleeping.
I love you, Amelia Marie.

Her cowboy boots are SO cute!! And that sounds a lot lik Claire's sign of the cross, except she just waves her hand up and down frantically, ha!
ReplyDeleteShe's a doll! I can't believe she is so old! I will forever remember here as a newborn as that is where I left her last!! Her boots are too styling! And her hairs are looking more Tim colored! Also, your hair...SO long!
ReplyDeleteVery, very sweet letter. And even sweeter girl! I love that picture of her hugging Tim's back- can I please get a back hug when we go camping? Also I want to have a 3 second prayer with clapping at the end- awesome. Finally- I think she looks like Adelaide a little in that last picture- maybe its the nose? or expression? ... Love you guys!
ReplyDelete