Yep, we're having a baby Girl!! Well, as the technician said, you can't be 100% sure from the ultrasound, but the baby was cooperating when she tried to look. I made pink cupcakes tonight to reveal the gender to the girls at a Womens' Night event, and I have a feeling it'll be only the first of many pink things I'll be making!
To be honest, I had reasons for hoping for both a girl and a boy, and while I also thought that maybe twins would be fun, I am perfectly excited and grateful to be housing one little lady.
You can expect pictures of pink things and ruffly things coming up in the next several months. I'll try and be reasonable and pick gender-neutral bigger items, but you all know that my daughter won't be lacking for any number of skirts and bows and flowers. My oldest sister already promised to forward me bow-making links. Can't wait! :-)
Below is a link to the ultrasound video, on Tim's Flickr page. She doesn't perform any never-before-seen-stunts, but you can see her move around some. For bearing's sake, she's mostly lying on her back, and the large, white, round shape on the left is a profile view of her head. She's bent at the waste, so her hands and feet make appearances in and out on the right, above her abdomen. If you look closely, you can see her spine along the bottom, her heart pumping in her chest (a black and white blob flashing), and her little hand come up to her sweet face. She's my favorite movie start to date.
Lady in Waiting's Video Debut
I thought hearing her heart beat was thee coolest thing ever, but the ultrasound might just tie.
We really are "fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14
Praise God!!
Yay!!! How exciting!!! Thanks for sharing! Your little lady baby is so, so precious!!! What a miracle babies are!!! You're going to LOVE having a baby girl - I speak from experience! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHere are a few more exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for good measure since I'm so excited about your beautiful daughter and so happy for you and Tim! :-)
Ooooo, she looks feisty :) Congratulations on your little daughter!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, awesome, awesome! God is good. What a miracle!!! So happy for you and your little lady (because she has fabulous parents)!
ReplyDeleteThat just made my day! Woohoo!
ReplyDelete