I've been feeling random baby movements for a long time. Like maybe even since 10 or 12 weeks, which you're not supposed to be able to do. But they've only gotten stronger and stronger, and just last night, Tim was even able to feel a kick from the outside.
There's been many, many other times however, when I'd think I'd felt the baby move, but then felt the same alleged wiggle occur again in such a rhythm that I'd convince myself it was only my heartbeat, or a blood vessel near the surface of my skin, or, I don't know… some other convincing medical-ish explanation.
Turns out (thanks for filling me in, Internet) that those rhythmic jerks have been the little lady hiccuping! How precious. And funny. Poor girl, she gets the hiccups a lot. And she doesn't even know the tricks for curing them yet. :-)
Oh, yes, and we're at 21 weeks now, still barely showing, and we have our third appointment tomorrow. She's the size of a bottle of root beer, I hear. Hm. She hides under my shirt much more easily than a bottle of root beer would. Sneaky baby!
Awww! I can't wait to see her and you! Did you get my text last night?
ReplyDelete