Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Family Hike

A few weeks ago... well, three weeks ago to be exact, we had our first monthly(ish) "day of reflection."

A day of reflection is essentially just a day off. But you see, when your life is your job, it's hard to take a day off. So we take a day of reflection. We step back; we take in the big picture; we remember to be humans.

Last year during these days I mostly wanted to sleep or do baby crafts, and we pretty much just stayed home. But this is a whole new era, my friends, because we went on our first family hike. It was going to be our first family camping trip, but the whole setting up a tent for one night thing sounded like just a bit too much effort.

Highlights included: 

Amelia rocking her first real pigtails! She actually kept them in all day, too!



Trying to gnaw a carrot. (Highly preferred to sticks.) She definitely had the right idea, she just couldn't quite nail the bullseye. Luckily, she has nice parents who helped a girl out.

   

With only minimal screaming resistance, Amelia rode along in the Ergo, and took a nice nap. Until I slipped and fell on my knee, which jolted her to terrified alertness. Oops. Sorry, baby.


We sat by the river (stream?) and prayed our first family rosary with Amelia. 


I think the peacefulness definitely qualifies as a highlight:


Excitement was experienced by all, clearly.


It was a beautiful day! We love our jobs, but we also like taking a break :-). We have this weekend coming weekend "off" actually, because my parents are coming! We're looking forward to having them!

2 comments:

  1. So precious! Thanks for posting pictures! I can't wait to see you all again. I do hope it works out for you to come through Tulsa in December to meet Baby Grayless and so I can see how much our goddaughter has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, she has pigtails. I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!