Thursday, January 31, 2013

{Parenting Quotables}

Tim and I have really been on top of our game lately:

*

{Dad} "Look! She's doing a handstand!"
{Baby} "AhhHH! Ah!"
{Dad} "Oh.. she doesn't like doing a handstand." (lowers baby to the ground)

*

{Mom} (shoveling food into Baby's mouth while proudly looking at Dad) "Tim, I made this food!"
{Baby} (silent gag)

{Dad} (watching Baby gag while responding to Mom)  "Mhm."
{Mom} (still facing Dad) "Like I cooked the squash, pureed it..!"
{Baby} (verbal gag + choking face, gets Moms' attention)

{Mom} "Oh." (Mom's pride falls. She runs for cup of water.)

*

(... distant thump, followed by cry.)
{Mom} (calculates noise) "Wait... did you leave her on the couch?"
{Dad} (pauses) "I.. oh. I forgot."

*

(Baby is teething. Grumpy x 10. We're failing at practicing patience.)
{Dad} "How do the stages go?"
{Mom} "Infant, Baby..."
{Dad} "Infant. Baby, Monster, Kid? Is that right?"

*

These are some of the moments I hope to not forget. All first-borns are guinea pigs, right? And they all turn out fine. We love raising Amelia and learning to be parents. If only it wasn't going so quickly!

1 comment:

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!