This past weekend, our friends Adam and Caitlin came from Seattle to visit. They lived here last year and were expecting their first baby just a week or so before we were expecting Miss Amelia to arrive. Claire came a month early, much to everyone's surprise, and though it wasn't ideal, it did allow us to each visit and cook for one another, instead of being down the hall in L&D. (That would've been fun, too, right?!) So, Amelia and Claire ended up being about a month apart in age, and meeting ex utero in my hospital room after Amelia's birth. They saw each other when Amelia was a few weeks old, before we left town for the summer, but this weekend was their first actually friendly-or-not interaction.
Caitlin very faithful writes a blog and posted all about their trip here. My rendition wouldn't come close, so I'll thought I'd just comment on Amelia's social skills over the long weekend.
Claire and Amelia uncovering the wonders of the toy basket. Filled to the brim with recycled tupperware, empty water bottles, and a few actual toys gifted to Amelia at birth and Christmas.
Amelia is toy-stealer. She most certainly doesn't know how to share.
Unless you mean taking her share of your food.
Claire had just arrived after a long journey, and Amelia was lifting her lunch!
Our crazy little manner-less monkey was literally hanging off the side of the high chair at an impressive angle to snitch the food. Note Claire's concerned face and Amelia's concentration. Baby girl can rock climb?
Finally, Amelia the snitch was granted a seat in the lunching chair.
At which point she didn't even eat the food. Stinker.
Caitlin found cute little Pitt onesies for Claire and Amelia and Jude (and Michael who was also born here last spring, though we didn't manage an all-baby photo shoot) and so of course, we lined 'em up on the couch and tried to grab a few pics.
Where's Amelia? Ah, yes, the blur of ruffles. That's my girl.
"Oooo the edge!"
"Too far?"
"Fine, I'll sit up." (Amelia)
"Hey! Don't crowd!" (Jude)
"I'm just going to stick with the puffs. You guys are so one and two months younger than me." (Claire)
"You touched me, Jude? I'll show you a touch!" (Amelia)
"Uhhh, grown ups? See what she's doing?" (Jude)
"Are there more puffs?" (Claire)
"I'll just show you where you're supposed to be in these pictures..." (Amelia)
"Ahhhh!" (Jude)
"Mom, Dad, I really don't know about these two." (Claire)
"One!...Two!...Three! I win!" (Amelia)
"muffled grunts" (Jude)
"A little help? They're getting close!" (Claire)
"Ooo look! There were puffs under his spot. Double win!" (Amelia)
"This! Is! Not! Funny!" (Jude)
"Dibs on the last puff!" (Claire)
"Cheeeeeese!" "I'm not talking about it." "Are we done?"
Oh Amelia, I hope you are kinder to your friends in the future.













Your hilarious captions had me laughing out loud! I think the very last picture is the best one we got of the three of them!
ReplyDeleteAnd Amelia's toy basket is so smart. We brought like twenty little toys for Claire to play with on the airplane and she vastly preferred a water bottle and plastic cup. Oh, babies.
P.S. I am so excited that we may get to have another reunion in May!!
Monkey Ameia is crazy impressive! I cannot believe her climbing on that highchair! That's crazy talk! Your reunion looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDelete