Friday, February 8, 2013

loveable quirks.

Amelia Marie is a smart little 9.5-month-old. She knows so well when she has something she shouldn't. And yet, she hasn't learned to hide it (for which I'm grateful). When she suddenly goes silent, or motionless, she's holding, inspecting, eating, or hiding the forbidden fruit. When you say, "Amelia?" she instantly jumps up, lunges forward, and/or run crawls away. She you snag her and remove the treasure, her world shatters. Shatters. I hate the tears, but her little guilty runaway face before the melt-down is precious. 

All of her hair (minus her bangs, which I didn't cut) fit in one ponytail now, so she officially looks like a two-year-old to me.



I think "Ut! Ut!" whilst she holds my leg 98 times a day means "Pick me up right now!"

We usually have her wave goodbye when she's going to bed for the night or for naps, so now waving has become her baby sign for "I'm tired." It's really cute, and super helpful. Today I put her down for her nap way earlier than I would've thought she'd be ready, and she fell asleep quickly and slept for 2.5 hours. Yes please!

Tim chases her around on the floor and she l.o.v.e.s it. If you look even the slightest bit playful as you kneel down, she runs away and glances back, hoping you're in close pursuit.

She still has no teeth, but pulled this pear off of the shelf and ate a few bites with her gums. Stinker.


And last but maybe cutest of all, she plays peek-a-book with us. Slowly leans to the side to hide her face for a moment, and comes back, expecting you to squeal in delight.

She is a joy! ...If she'd only sleep through the night, she might the envy of all the neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog is great no matter what it is named. I love reading your messages and seeing pictures of Amelia. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!