Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sunday Gras, Monday Gras, Mardi Gras...

Yesterday one of my disciples and I made scones because it was the last time we'd get together before Lent began, and Amelia went down for a nap, so we didn't want to waste time with our unusually free hands. She said she likes cranberry scones, so I googled and found this Martha Stewart recipe...


...and it was awesome. Best scones I've ever made, maybe the best I've had. We used 1/2 cup Craisins instead of cranberries and added 1/2 cup white chocolate because... why not? Anyway, I sent a few home with her and Tim and I enjoyed the last one for our weekly at-home 'date night'.


French press coffee, scone, and then on to practicing sketching.
Monday date night madness, yep.


And there I am, caught red-handed in the background eating the end of the Pioneer Woman's prune cake (better than it sounds!) I made for Sunday Gras in the background. Thanks, Tim.
.... 

And today is the actual Mardi Gras, or Carnival (from Carne - vale, goodbye to meat), the last day before the Lenten season begins, and I made cookies with purple, green, and gold frosting. Amelia may or may not have tasted cookie dough and a real cookie today... but don't worry, she definitely didn't have any brownie off of her father's fork at dinner. Oops.

Sugared-out and ready to enter into the season of Lent in this household, but more about that.... soon, hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! We have been loading up on sugar over here too. I am actually glad to take a break from it! Although I'm sure my tune will have changed by next week.

    P.S. What's this practicing sketching about, hmm?

    P.P.S. I love the new blog name and blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!