Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Princess and Her Frog Prince

Cute, cute, cute.
Halloween 2011

I found this adorable idea (left) on Pinterest, and set to work crafting, painting, cutting, and gluing. Quite the mess, and really enjoyable. I don't remember the last time hours just passed unnoticed. :-)
Cue the aftermath….
Not an exaggeration.
Frog & Princess





….and the results (you can't see, but he also has green frog-hands and frog-feet covering). Totally worth it. Tim & I arrived to the Halloween party (this past Saturday) as the Princess and a Frog. Tim competed quite admirably in an apple dangling contest as Frog (like bobbing for apples, but in the air) and when the costumes went up for judging, our Fairy (teammate Ruth) turned my Frog into a Prince. She waved her wand, and he tore off all of his green (dramatically) to reveal:

                            My Prince.
Prince & Princess




So Fun. We won the contest! No prize, but we did get the loudest cheers. :-) That's enough to validate my hours of crafting, right? I'd say so.

Annie "Hi my name is Abigail", and Me








On a side note, some of the students dressed up as the missionaries, and they did an incredible job. My double even had a wedding ring on and a slight baby bump. Hilarious!


It was a pretty awesome Halloween, complete with a package of candy in the mail (thanks Mom!), and I'm only even MORE excited for next year… do you know how many awesome baby costume ideas there are on Pinterest? oh, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!