Monday, January 9, 2012

First Half Anniversary

I realize I quickly became a slacker blogger, but I'm going to blame the holidays and travel and move on :-).

Today marks SIX months of marriage. Praise God! Tim & I were able to go on a date exploring a fun part of Pittsburgh this afternoon, and then go out to a nice Italian dinner, thanks to a gift from one of our mission partners! We reflected on how hard, but very good, our life together has been so far; how much we've learned and grown, while admitting that it hasn't been without pain. I suppose I knew it all hypothetically before I got married, but the Cross really does make sense of love, sense of life. 

Ah, but it's late, so to mark our having been married 6 months, I thought I'd post a few of the wedding pictures I've been promising everyone :-).



Sisters! We took one just like this at Rachel's wedding four years ago.




Dad walking me down the isle...




Tim's excited & I'm just trying to handle all the eyes on me. 
That's my 'please don't look at me' face.



My beautiful bridesmaids.


The Groomsmen, looking handsome and intense.



 

Promising our love & lives to one another.





Parents & Newlyweds.




First Dance as Mr. & Mrs. 



First Dance Finale. Now I love dancing with Tim even more. 



My cake! So happy with how it turned out!



It's late, and there are many more wonderful pictures, but I'm also almost 6 months pregnant, and it's bedtime. Turning in a very grateful wife & mother….

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for a new post! I was missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Beautiful photos of beautiful people on a beautiful day! Glad you're back to writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally some pictures! So great to relieve that beautiful, hot day!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!