Monday, January 16, 2012

The Beginning of the Final Third!

I'm hoping to not slow to less than once-a-week-posting, but I'm much too tired for a the full posts I've been plotting, so I'll just quickly share a few notable updates around here.

1st

It's the third trimester! Only 3 months to go (and hopefully a little less!). While I'm thoroughly enjoying being pregnant as of late, I am getting so excited to meet my daughter face-to-face, and wouldn't mind a bit if she arrives a few weeks early. As soon as we have a car seat and she's healthy enough to thrive outside of the womb, I'll take her in my arms please! She's 27 weeks along now, and although I didn't see a food comparison, it's possible she weighs as much as three pounds, and I'd believe it! She is SO strong, I can literally just watch my stomach dance around as she kicks & punches. I think she's stopped shifting so frequently, because I was getting strong, consistent movements in the same spot for three days. So predictable that my teammates and a student or two got to feel them. I'm only slightly worried that she's going to be oh-so-feisty after her birth, too.

2nd

Probably due to the reason above (the nearing birth of our daughter), I've been as driven as EVER about organizing, cleaning, decorating, preparing. Nesting, I suppose. We're talking hours of online research over probably-not-SO-important baby gear, a miraculous tackle & organization of my craftastrophe corner (full post on that probably coming soon), and hanging up of a lot of pictures (thanks to my parents, sister, and sister-in-law for some wonderful Christmas gifts!), even though we'll be gone in four months. :-D. I'm even back to needing less sleep than my husband, and enjoying early morning productivity.

3rd

WE'RE OFFICIALLY MOVED IN, and not behind on anything major in life! (A small miracle. Thank you, Jesus!) Wedding thank-yous are done, work receipts are all filed up-to-date, I'm paying bills the day they come in the mail, and our guest room area of the music/craft/guest room is perfectly ready for anyone. It feels so good to be entirely settled. Well, at least until we rearrange for Baby Girl, and she arrives, of course.

I apologize for the lack of pictures… hopefully next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to meet the sweet girl! Hope you're planning for a May visit!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!