Sunday, January 29, 2012

Coffee, Flowers, and Pillows

I am really, really trying to become a more regular post-er, so here's a montage of things to share.

1. Coffee.

This is not terribly important, but it qualifies for the blog because I took a picture! Tim & I just went to Starbucks to hang out together a little bit yesterday, after spending the day with students (playing racquetball and venturing to Joann Fabrics, respectively) and before spending the evening at a graduate student event. I was able to buy Tim the Pittsburgh mug I had drawn him an "I owe you" for on Christmas, and we enjoyed relaxing. Someone very thoroughly relaxed… and fell asleep on someone else's shoulder. Don't worry, I took his mug out of his hands before it could spill.


2. Flowers

Well, come to think of it, Tim actually did buy me flowers this week, but I was originally thinking about the flowers I made this morning. Cute little fabric flowers to be attached to headbands for one cute little girl whose arrival I am ever more eagerly awaiting!

I used this tutorial to make a few with a candle (so fun!) and then just glued together some other crafty things I had. Picture thanks to husbandy making me take a belly picture with the real camera (since it was out, I thought I'd showcase the flowers, too).



3. Pillows

This counts as my pregnancy update, I guess.
It. Has. Happened. I can no longer sleep with an ordinary humans' number of pillows. I'm up to a nightly four. And three months to go… Hooray! :-)

I realized that the photos most likely to actually make it into a post are those taken on my low quality computer photobooth, so I took one. But I think the lowness of quality hurt Tim, so he made me take a real one. After a long day, I vote that the low quality is more flattering than the high-res, but oh well:




Well, perhaps I'll be back in less than a week this time. Perhaps not.

until then,

Abigail

1 comment:

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!