Saturday, March 9, 2013

sunburn and cousins

I've been MIA largely because of preparations for, enjoyment of, and recovery from a lovely trip to visit my family. My sister Hilary is due with her first baby in a few weeks, so it was her baby shower weekend, and I surprised them by showing up! Even though I wasn't invited. I figured it was okay to crash.

Amelia was able to play with her cousins and aunts and uncles, half of whom she had only met once, at age 10 weeks, and I was able to spend good time with all of them, as well as my parents.  AND get a little sunshine. Okay, maybe a bit too much sunshine.  But, then again, the night we arrived back home it snowed three inches, so I think it was wise to stock up on Vitamin D. I am so glad I braved the flights with Amelia to get there. And even more grateful she handled them so well. And so, so grateful we had our own row on each leg of our return trip.

Tim stayed home because there were about 6 events that he had to attend or lead or build potato guns for or host at our home, so I was sans-husband and sans-camera. My sister made a CD of all of them before I left, but I left it.  Oops! (I did pack the kefir starter, but that's a different story for a different post.)

Sometimes, when you're leaving for the airport at 5am, after 3.5 hours of sleep, you're lucky you only forgot the pictures.. and not your child, your house keys, or your driver's license. Right? Until it arrives in the mail, here are a few shots from my Mom:

Grandparents & Granddaughters. 

Mom & daughters & Kennedy-who-skipped-her-nap.

Still not super great at sharing, but at least Adelaide could not-share back?

We'll see them all again in June, when Sam, pictured right, officially joins the family.
Can't wait for the wedding!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun!! I'm glad you guys has a good trip!

    P.S. You are looking good, mama! Somebody is doing way better in the loosing the baby weight department than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Caitlin, but I really think it's just the upside of having had birthing hips since high school :-).

      Delete
  2. Haven't sent the CD yet, but I did transplant a bunch of baby aloe plants for you. I can send them with Mom and you can hopefully get them this summer. :)

    So glad you braved the travel! Awesome to spend quality time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you came too... and of course you were invited, silly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love to hear from you!